This helps to increase stimulation and detoxification. Most believe that infrared technology is far superior to traditional heating methods. Infrared heat differs from traditional heat in that it operates using longer wavelengths which will enable a deeper penetration. Conventional styling irons provide heat that is generated with shorter wavelengths. This heat has wavelengths that are not sufficient to penetrate hair or the scalp for healthy styling. Because of non-penetration, these shorter rays heat the hair surface first and conduct heat to the cortex. It also takes a much longer time to heat the hair than what the infrared system does thus exposing the hair to heat for a much longer period. The hair is heated by means of conduction from the surface which causes frizzy, dry and damaged hair.
X-Heat Technology Protects Your Hair
Brinea’s X-Heat Technology uses the longer wavelength technology to generate deep penetrating heat. This penetrates directly into the cortex of hair cuticles, heating from the inside out. It creates an effect that relaxes and softens hair. The hair is heated evenly, giving a gentle fast styling in half the time thereby reducing heat exposure. Water molecules on the surface of the hair break apart into smaller droplets and get absorbed into the hair. Moisture is then locked within the cuticles to give a protective barrier to reduce chemical and bacteria build-up.
Conventional irons leave the cuticles dry and frizzy.
X-heat leaves the cuticles smoother.
EFFECTS OF FAR INFRARED RAY ON HAIR AND SCALP
Brinea’s Far Infrared Ray (FIR) hair curlers and straighteners provide healthy heating to preserve moisture in the hair and revitalize the scalp. FIR penetrates to the center of hair and heats the hair inside out allowing for faster drying. At the same time, FIR invigorates the scalp, increases blood flow, improves hair texture and stimulates new hair growth.
What is Far Infrared Ray?
Infrared rays are in the invisible part of the electromagnetic spectrum below the color red in the visible light range. The infrared portion is further divided into three segments: Near Infrared segments have wavelengths of 0.76 to 1.5 microns; Middle Infrared is 1.5 to 5.6 microns; and Far Infrared is 5.6 to 1000 microns. The Infrared waves from the sun provide the most energy that warms the earth. For human cells, the most beneficial rays in the infrared band are these in the Far Infrared Ray (FIR) range.
Benefits of FIR on Hair
Conventional styling tools provide infrared waves in the Near and Middle segments. These infrared rays have wavelengths that are not sufficient to penetrate hair or the scalp for healthy styling. Because of non-penetration, these shorter infrared rays heat the air surrounding the hair and conduct the hot air to the surface of the hair. The hair is heated by means of conduction from the surface which causes frizzy, dry and damaged hair.
Brinea’s styling tools use the longer wavelength from FIR technology to generate deep penetrating heat. This penetrates directly into the cortex of hair cuticles, heating from the inside out. It creates an effect that relaxes and softens hair. The hair is heated evenly, giving a gentle drying process in half the time thereby reducing heat exposure. Water molecules on the surface of the hair break apart into smaller droplets and get absorbed into the hair. Moisture is then locked within the cuticles to give a protective barrier to reduce chemical and bacteria build-up.
Electromagnetic spectrum consists of visible and invisible rays. Infrared ray can be further divided into Near, Middle and Far ranges.
To help illustrate the differences between FIR and regular heat (Near and Middle Infrared Rays), provided are some examples where FIR proves to be beneficial in Brinea’s styling tools:
- Why does room temperature feel much warmer in the summer as opposed to room temperature in the winter? During summer, one may feel warm and wear a t-shirt in a room that is 18 C. In winter, the same room could still be 18 C, but one may feel cold and likely to be wearing a sweater. The reason for this is that during the summer, the earth is tilted on its axis such that a greater amount of FIR from the sun is absorbed into the walls and furnitures. FIR is regenerated out from the wall and furnitures to penetrate our skin to make us feel warmer. Where as, in the winter, there is less FIR from the sun to be absorbed by a room’s surroundings, thereby, producing colder-like ambient settings.
- When I stand in the sun as opposed to standing in the shade, why do I feel much warmer? Standing outside directly in the sun, one would feel warm. Stepping into a shaded area just a few feet away one would immediately feel much cooler. The actual air temperature of the two locations will be similar, although not enough difference to account for the large temperature shift just experienced. The difference is due to having FIR not being able to warm the body directly while standing in the shade.
- Why do I get burned from heating elements or steam but not Far Infrared sources? While boiling a pot of water, one can feel the heat energy. The steam is in the Near and Middle Infrared Ray wavelength which is not enough to heat the internal organs but enough to burn the skin. However, the longer wave lengths of Far Infrared Rays from the sun contain penetrating rays to heat through our skin and to our organs. Far Infrared Rays from the sun does not burn our skin; it is the shorter wavelengths such as Ultra Violet Rays that are damaging.
Benefits of FIR in the Scalp
Small blood vessels in the scalp supply cells with essential nutrients and oxygen and carry away waste products. When the scalp lacks a supply of nutrients and oxygen, toxins build up that can lead to unhealthy hair, dry scalp and reduced follicles. Some of these toxins include carcinogenic heavy metals and poisons from food processing, lactic acid, free fatty acids, uric acids and subcutaneous fat associated with aging and fatigue.
Toxins are encapsulated by water and blood that are trapped throughout the body, including the scalp. Where the toxins have accumulated, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired. However, when FIR penetrates the scalp, they stimulate micro vibrations that cause a thermal reaction that elevates tissue temperatures. The energy from FIR vibrates the water molecules and reduces the ionic bond between water/blood and toxins. As water breaks down, the encapsulated toxins are released. Because of the thermal energy, the scalp reacts by dilating all the blood vessels providing improved circulation to carry the toxins away. Improved circulation delivers nutrients and oxygen rich blood cells to revitalize tissues therefore leading to rejuvenated scalp to reduce dandruff, maintain healthy follicles to prevent hair loss, and healthy hair.
- Toxins encapsulated in blood and water molecules
- FIR breaking down toxins from molecules
- Toxins are release and removed
Some scientific studies have suggested that hair loss may be caused by fewer blood vessels. In most cases, the follicles have not disappeared entirely; they have simply become just miniature follicles. In research lead by Michael Detmar of Massachusetts General Hospital Dermatology, he succeeded in growing hair faster and thicker in mice by promoting blood vessel growth in their skin. FIR dilates blood vessels and removes toxins that help in promoting blood vessel growth providing oxygen and nutrients to enhance follicle growth.
Why FIR has these Benefits
All molecules vibrate at a certain frequency. Cells in our body absorb the most energy when the heat source has the same intrinsic vibration frequency as the cells themselves. Only FIR has a specific frequency with 8-14 microns wavelength that allows it to penetrate the skin and energize the cells. This range, sometimes called “Vital Rays”, has special regenerative effects on the body.
Is FIR Safe?
Far Infrared Ray is safe and healthy for the human body. Any excessive exposure passes through the cell without any adverse effects. One can be exposed to FIR heat for hours and it will not cause burns to the skin. In fact, hospitals use it to warm newborn infants.
In summary, Brinea’s Far Infrared hair dryers not only dry the hair faster, but also activate vital functions to maintain healthy hair and scalp. The use of FIR’s penetrating ray reduce frizz, make the hair soft, shiny and retain moisture.